June 19, 2010

1ST WEEK E-MED

Internal medicine..2nd killer posting during 3rd year. 8weeks with 8major topics to be covered. Plus 1 case write-up. I am really2 lucky bcoz my supervisor and registrar are cardiologist. And that's my dream to be real one day. Bi iznillah..in this 1st week,I nearly got the opportunity to see a CPR and pericardial tap(if I'm not mistaken). That was happen when my frenz and I go to cardio clinic. In my registrar's clinic we learnt a lot about cvs disease. ACS and IHD. Acute coronary syndrome and ischemic heart disease. Almost all patients came with similar(but not same) complaint and risk factors. So my conclusion is that..cardiologist is very easy..eyyy??yupp! drugs, also is very similar. Lovastatin for dyslipidemia. B-blocker for hypertension. Frusemide(diuretics agent) to reduce workload of heart,prevent edema. That's it!


Oh go back to the story. While we were standing in the clinic, my registrar got a call from CCU(cardiac care unit) telling that got 1 patient collapsed and on CPR. There was 1 more cardiologist on that clinic, so he was the 1 who going to CCU. Not my registrar la. What a waste. But later, I asked for permission to go upstairs, CCU. I managed to get it. Without wasting anytime, I finally could see from outside nurses and cardiologists were trying their best to save patient's life. It's not enough for me. I wanted to be inside the room. I just didn't know how to get in. I wonder, afraid that I would disturb them. What's really disappointed me was that the nurse 'tutup langsir' when they noticed 'the strangers' outside.huh.. Wrong time. Wrong person. Isn't ok if I just enter the room and ask for the permission in that kind of situation?? What I know and regret of..i lost my opportunity, the worth experience.

The next day, I got out at 7:30am.so early right. This is the earliest day in my ward world. I was going to observed HO taking blood in the morning. Just observed. I don't have enough strength to do it myself although me, myself really wanted to do so. Actually I didn't want patients got sick because of me. Later, 3pairs of us practice on ourselves. We poke each others. I got the blood coming out on my 1st trial.hehe..amazing. seeing blood coming out..woowww… and I can feel what patients feel when we poke them later. I was poked twice and it's not so bad la. Really. In the afternoon, my group having bedside teaching. We did CVS p/e. I could listen to the heart murmur!! In my brain now.. I am thinking whether I can take that patient for my case write-up. YES!

5:30pm :: we got class with prof shahril. Really an interesting session. Up till 7pm. 7:30..arrived at home. But the thing is..i didn't feel tired at all. When I reflect myself..i know why. Despite of HAWKEYE's shoes..thanks HAWKEYE!! And thanks ALLAH. ALHAMDULILLAH.


MY INSPIRATION




diRikU haNya uNtuK Mu..

0 comments: